Back in the summer of 2001 I began working on my personal brand. I wanted to clearly map out the person I wanted to be and what I wanted to represent.
The first step in this process was to come up with a personal mission statement. I’ve never shared this with anyone, but I feel it’s time now.
Thinking about and writing my mission statement forced me to take a long look at the big picture.
Sharing this publicly will make me more accountable. It will challenge me to focus and plan.
My Personal Mission Statement:
- Love God
- Love family
- Succeed at home first
- Maintain a positive attitude – no one is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.
- THINK BIG
- Make things happen – be proactive
- Keep a sense of humor
- Don’t fear failure – 10% of life is what happens to you, the other 90% is how you deal with it
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Be charitable with time and money
- Be the best – always strive to get better
- Act as if… it is a state of mind: success breeds success
- Keep goals in mind
- Keep my word
There it is. Short, focused and powerful. That’s my mission statement.