I’m not afraid to share… this is my Mission Statement

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Back in the summer of 2001 I began working on my personal brand. I wanted to clearly map out the person I wanted to be and what I wanted to represent.

The first step in this process was to come up with a personal mission statement. I’ve never shared this with anyone, but I feel it’s time now.

Thinking about and writing my mission statement forced me to take a long look at the big picture.

Sharing this publicly will make me more accountable.  It will challenge me to focus and plan.

My Personal Mission Statement:

  1. Love God
  2. Love family
  3. Succeed at home first
  4. Maintain a positive attitude – no one is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.
  5. THINK BIG
  6. Make things happen – be proactive
  7. Keep a sense of humor
  8. Don’t fear failure – 10% of life is what happens to you, the other 90% is how you deal with it
  9. Maintain a healthy lifestyle
  10. Be charitable with time and money
  11. Be the best – always strive to get better
  12. Act as if…  it is a state of mind: success breeds success
  13. Keep goals in mind
  14. Keep my word

There it is. Short, focused and powerful.  That’s my mission statement.

Discipline. Dedication. Desire

Advertisements
Comments
2 Responses to “I’m not afraid to share… this is my Mission Statement”
  1. Sounds like a great mission statement. Are you familiar with the author/speaker Jon Acuff? He just wrote a small article on “missions” today on his website.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: